Bloomington Public Schools' Health Services department is committed to collaborating with our students, families, staff and community partners to provide health services and information to promote student health for academic success.
At each school, nurses support Bloomington students by...
- Monitoring immunization status of students
- Writing and managing health plans for students with health conditions
- Providing consult and input for special education teams
- Providing first aid and emergency care to students and staff
- Administering medications
- Providing health care treatments and procedures
- Maintaining health service records
- Implementing screening programs
- Prevention and surveillance of communicable diseases
- Providing care coordination between school and health care provider
- Providing health resources and education to students and families
Special Medical Needs
The Building Nurse, working with the Licensed School Nurse and Health Service Supervisor, the parent or guardian, and Licensed Health Care Provider, will develop individualized health plans, emergency care plans and/or 504 plans for students who have specific medical or mental health needs and who may require medical attention during the school day. Plans are reviewed annually. Please contact your school health office if your child has medical concerns that may require a school plan.
District Health Services Supervisor